ORDER ON APPROVING THE NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND ALLOWANCES TO BEGRANTED IN THE YEAR 2011 AND THE LIST OF FOREIGN STATES WHOSENATIONALS MAY APPLY FOR SUPPORT
LITHUANIAN STATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2013-2014
Lithuanian state scholarships programme is designed for the advanced students, lecturers or researchers of foreign higher education and research institutions to enable them to study or carry out research at higher education and research institutions of the Republic of Lithuania. Students, lecturers and researchers from different fields of studies or research are welcome to apply for Lithuanian state scholarships.
Lithuanian state scholarship programme does not provide scholarships to cover full-time studies, therefore normally, an academic degree or diploma cannot be obtained during the period covered by the scholarship.
There are four types of Lithuanian state scholarships for which you can apply depending on the country of residence:
I type of scholarships
Scholarships under international agreements
Eligible countries: Belarus, Belgium (Waloon), Czech Republic,
Estonia, Israel, Latvia, Poland, Slovakia.
II type of scholarships
Scholarships under international agreements and bilateral exchange programmes
Eligible countries: Belgium (Flanders), Denmark, Iceland, Italy,
Japan, China, Mexico, France,
Switzerland, Turkey, Hungary, Germany.
III type of scholarships
Scholarships for Lithuanian (Baltic) studies and Lithuanian language and culture summer courses
Eligible countries: Armenia, Austria, Bulgaria, Belarus,
Croatia, Finland, Greece, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan,
Romania, Russia, Philippines, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden,
Ukraine, United States of America, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan.
IV type of scholarships
Scholarships for free movers' Lithuanian (Baltic) studies and Lithuanian language and culture summer courses
Eligible countries: all countries that are not mentioned above
1. The candidate has to be a student (not in the final year), lecturer or researcher in a foreign higher education and research institution;
2. The candidate must have an official letter of acceptance issued by the host higher education and research institution in Lithuania (except for the applicants for Lithuanian language and culture summer courses):
3. Candidates applying for study scholarships are required to aggregate at least 25 ECTS credits per one semester in the field chosen (except for Lithuanian (Baltic) studies).
- NB1. Applicants for study scholarships – this letter must contain information on the chosen subjects and the number of credits for each subject;
- NB2. Applicants for research scholarships – this letter must contain information on the chosen field of research.
4. Candidates applying for Lithuanian (Baltic) studies scholarships are required to aggregate 30 ECTS per one semester in the respected field, and also must fulfill other requirements for Lithuanian (Baltic) studies.
5. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be coupled with other grants or scholarships.
In order to arrange a study or research visit in Lithuania and receive an official letter of acceptance, a candidate is advised to contact directly the International Office of the chosen Lithuanian higher education institution. Here you can find the list of contact information of all Lithuanian higher education and research institutions.
Information about studies and research possibilities for foreigners is available at Lithuanian institutions of higher education and research. The list of higher education and research institutions of the Republic of Lithuania can be found on this website.
Education Exchanges Support Foundation
Geležinio Vilko str. 12, LT-01112 Vilnius
Phone: (+370~5) 249 8189, fax: (+370~5) 249 7137
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MASTER DEGREE STUDIES!!!
Education Exchange Support Foundation (EESF) has just opened a competition for the Lithuanian state scholarships for full-time Master degree studies!
If you are a national of Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, or a foreign citizen of the Lithuanian descent, and want to gain your Master‘s in Lithuania, you are welcome to apply.
If your application is approved, you will receive:
The competition is open until 1st of August 2013.
- A monthly scholarship and tuition-free studies if you are a national of Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, or a foreign citizen of Lithuanian descent (7 grants altogether);
- A monthly scholarship if you are a national of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Kazakhstan (6 grants altogether).
Be sure not to miss the deadline and arrange all the documents in time!
More information about requirements and procedures is provided on the website ofEducation Exchanges Support Foundation.