6th International Scientific-Practical Conference
GOOD GOVERNANCE AT LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT:
TOWARDS EFFICIENCY AND WELFARE SOCIETY
October, 12-13, 2017
Šiauliai University, Vytauto str. 84, Šiauliai, Lithuania
Changing society and requirements for public administration, emerging social needs of and limited capacities of public institutions to meet them all, the empowerment of all sectors to work together for the social welfare, implies the researchers and experts from different fields to discuss about opportunities and challenges in moving towards efficiency and Welfare Society. The aim of the conference is to bring together scientists and practitioners for the dialog about efficiency in developing Welfare Society, its resolution at local level.
The conference will focus on a broad range of topics:
- Capacity building and competencies for efficiency and welfare society
- Strengthening democracy and building trust in local self-government
- Cross-Sectoral Partnerships
- Enhancing the efficiency of public services
- E-governance as presumption for developing efficiency and building trust
- Subsidiarity and ethics
- Socio-economical local challenges
- Evidence based public management
Conference participants are invited to suggest presentations for the plenary session.
The languages of the conference are English, Lithuanian and Russian.
Department of Public Administration, Šiauliai University Faculty of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts.
P. Višinskio str. 19, 77156 Šiauliai, Lithuania
The Head of Organizing Committee lect. Vilma Tubutiene, e-mail: email@example.com
The Head of Scientific Committee prof. PhD. Diana Šaparnienė, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org